Home » (RESUME) The 200,000+ Person Footstock Festival In Golden Gate Park That We Produced (VIDEO)
PAST WORK PORTFOLIO HIGHLIGHTS –
Over 8000 photos, videos, press clippings and documents from past projects in the “PORTFOLIO IMAGES” link at the top of the page or at https://strategic-innovation-projects.com
PRODUCER – CREATOR: “LIGHTS”, “LUMIASCAPES” AND MANY RECORD-BREAKING URBAN ILLUMINATION MEGA PRESENTATIONS
– LIGHTING DIRECTOR: MAJOR PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS
– Scott Douglas Redmond Produced a large number of major urban electro-optical programs for millions of live and webcast participants. These programs set many event and technical records for “firsts”. Scott directed, designed, developed and engineered these presentations. His ‘LUMIASCAPE’ series of major public light-events set numerous records for “firsts” and scale-of-deployment. His light events included lasers, pyrotechnics and custom-built searchlight and xenon systems. “LIGHTS1” was, as far as anyone has seen, the first urban simulcast light concert viewed by over one million people. The City of San Francisco gave him total control of the entire mountain-top in the middle of San Francisco. The Mayor gave him a proclimation for the project. He received one of the first public laser licenses from the FDA and was the first person to ever write on the mountain, known as Twin Peaks, with a laser beam. He was the Laserist for the San Francisco Symphony Pops Concerts and was conducted by John Williams for the Star Wars concert. One New Year’s eve he lit City Hall red (Another first-time-ever) and fired beam projectors from the apex. He was the first person to light Coit Tower with xenon searchlights. He produced the lighting of the Palace of Fine Arts that convinced the City of San Francisco to make the lighting a permanent feature of that historical architectural wonder. He provided solid lighting effects for a number of stage shows. His productions included: LIGHTS; The Royal Fireworks For Queen Elizabeth, The Palace Of Fine Arts Lighting; The Cow Palace Stage Extravaganza and more…
– AWARDEE: CONGRESSIONAL CONTRACTS TO BUILD AMERICA’S VEHICLE AND BUILDING ENERGY – IRAQ WAR BILL
– DESIGNER – ARCHITECT: NOVEL ALTERNATIVE VEHICLE DESIGNS
– Vehicle systems, energy production and storage technologies created by Scott Douglas Redmond. Scott won numerous federal patent awards, Congressional awards, innovation awards, federal grants and broke energy storage records. Scott’s projects have rebuilt or ground-up constructed numerous vehicles. He was awarded the seminal patents for solid-state fuel cell energy storage and distribution for Honda, Toyota, KIA and BMW fuel cell cars. He was awarded Congressional funding in the Iraq War Bill to help build America’s next-generation energy system. Scott’s vehicles had the highest calculated fuel efficiency in the world, the lowest cost-to- manufacture, the lowest selling price, the most attractive debt-ratio, the highest safety factor, the most hires of laid off Detroit factory workers and executives and the biggest volume of sales order requests! His vehicle and energy companies were financed by himself, the federal government, Autodesk and other major partners. Government labs evaluated Scott’s technologies and wrote technical white papers confirming that they beat all other alternative energy storage technologies on over 50 metric comparisons. Scott Douglas Redmond and his Team designed and built numerous pressure-membrane air structures for aerospace and vehicular uses.
– INVENTOR: HUNDREDS OF NOVEL PROPRIETARY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
– AWARDEE: SEMINAL ISSUED UNITED STATES FEDERAL PATENTS FOR PRODUCTS USED BY MILLIONS
– Scott Douglas Redmond and his Team produced, developed, and/or engineered and delivered fully functional software that was first-to-market and first-of-its-kind in media, video-on-demand, VR, IT, P2P, Aerospace, Telecom, medical and other industries. Scott Douglas Redmond has won numerous federal patent awards, Congressional awards, innovation awards, federal grants, commendations and has received hundreds of letters of references from top policy leaders, corporate executives, past clients and employers. A “patent” is a filing of a claim with the U.S. Government. You 1.) file a notice that you have invented something. Then 2.)the U.S. Government files a notice back to you saying “nope, no you didn’t, prove it…3.)” Then you file things that prove that you were the first, original, inventor of that thing. 4.) Then the U.S. Government uses it’s entire compliment of investigation and research tools to confirm if you were really the inventor. You can’t just “pay some money and get a patent”. In those rare cases when 5.) the U.S. Government awards you a patent, it means that the entire U.S. Government has decided to stand behind you and say: “Yep, we checked it out, this guy really is the one who invented this thing!”. Getting a patent is a big deal because it means that years of federal investigation has confirmed that you really were the one who created that thing.
– SPECIALIST RESEARCHER: FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT TASK-FORCES AND FTC, GAO, IG ADVISOR
– WINNER: WORLD’S FIRST FEDERAL ANTI-CORRUPTION TORT JUDGMENT IN DC COURT
– Scott Douglas Redmond is a credentialed law enforcement and IC expert witness and forensics researcher. He has helped create federal laws, The “USA JOBS ACT”, legal precedents and anti-corruption technologies.
– FOUNDER: “TECHMATE” AND “UNIFREE” – THE FIRST WEB SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKS
– Scott Douglas Redmond delivered some of the first online digital social network companies before Facebook, Google, MySpace and other 2nd generation social networks even existed as companies. The U.S. Patent office ruled that he had produced social media e-commerce decades before Mark Zuckerberg or Yahoo engineers had. State, Federal, City and County filings prove Scott’s social media companies were first-on-the-web. Emails, contracts and NDA’s further verify that fact.
– ART DIRECTOR: FOR VISUALIZATION PHASE OF MANY PROJECTS
– UI/UX/HUMAN FACTORS ADVISOR: WEB AND PRODUCT USE DYNAMICS
– Scott Douglas Redmond was the Artistic Director For hundreds of projects. He created and over-the-shoulder directed visualization artists from Disney, LucasFilm, Marvel Comics, DC Comics and other graphics arts leaders to show his concept ideas for future deliverables. Scott has produced original art for many of his projects in order to help clients and employers visualize the intent for the finished creation. He won national awards for: “STAR RANGER” (The first 3D ride-film produced entirely on PC’s) and other productions. His book: “Conceptual Reality”, covers some of the art from these projects.
– PRODUCER: BAY TO BREAKERS FOOTSTOCK 200,000+ PERSON MEGA ANNUAL EVENT SERIES
– Scott Douglas Redmond was the Founding Producer For The Bay To Breaker Footstock festivals and concerts. Footstock was a 200,000+ person rapid-built city, concert and public event like Woodstock. Scott produced it for over a decade on 2.5 million square feet of space in San Francisco. Stage acts included: Ray Charles (in his last outdoor super concert), Tower of Power, Robin Williams and more. Scott had to erect a portable city that had all of the resources for up to 200,000 people (Power, water, security, sanitation, staffing, operations, food & water distribution, promotional distribution, booth operations, staging, clean-up, structures, etc.) in 7 days, operate it for one day and then make it all disappear, like it was never there, in 48 hours. The entire race was “the largest race in the world” for a number of years.
– PRODUCER – ORGANIZER: RAPID DEPLOYMENT DISASTER RELIEF PROGRAMS
– Scott Douglas Redmond was tasked, by The City Of San Francisco, with building the post-quake trauma center within 24 hours of the primary shock of the Loma Prieta Earthquake. The 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake occurred on California’s Central Coast on October 17 at 5:04 p.m. local time. With an Mw magnitude of 6.9 and a maximum Modified Mercalli intensity of IX (Violent), the shock was responsible for 63 deaths and 3,757 injuries. Scott was required to “break in” to the closed KQED TV studios at midnight, with help from KQED engineers, activate the entire phone bank inside the studios and staff the phones with qualified counselors on an emergency basis. The Loma Prieta segment of the San Andreas Fault System had been relatively inactive since the 1906 San Francisco earthquake (to the degree that it was designated a seismic gap) until two moderate foreshocks occurred in June 1988 and again in August 1989.Because it happened during a national live broadcast of the 1989 World Series, taking place between Bay Area teams San Francisco Giants and the Oakland Athletics, it is sometimes referred to as the “World Series earthquake”. Rush-hour traffic on the Bay Area freeways was lighter than normal because the game, being played at Candlestick Park in San Francisco, was about to begin, and this may have prevented a larger loss of life, as several of the Bay Area’s major transportation structures suffered catastrophic failures. The collapse of a section of the double-deck Nimitz Freeway in Oakland was the site of the largest number of casualties for the event. Scott has worked earthquake, tsunami, wild-fire and other rapid-deployment disasters.
– FOUNDER: “TECHMATE” AND “UNIFREE” – THE FIRST WEB SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKS
– Scott Douglas Redmond delivered some of the first online digital social network companies before Facebook, Google, MySpace and other 2nd generation social networks even existed as companies. The U.S. Patent office ruled that he had produced social media e-commerce decades before Mark Zuckerberg or Yahoo engineers had. State, Federal, City and County filings prove Scott’s social media companies were first-on-the-web. Emails, contracts and NDA’s further verify that fact.ties occurring in San Francisco, Los Altos, and Santa Cruz. Scott Douglas Redmond has donated a portion of his resources to charity and community service each year as Producer and Logistics Coordinator for many major community service projects.
– PRODUCER: FORT MASON CENTER MAJOR EVENTS CONVERSION DEVELOPMENT AND FIRST MAJOR PROGRAM INCEPTION
– Scott Douglas Redmond helped coordinate the conversion of Fort Mason Center from a WW2 dump to one of the leading public spaces in the nation. Scott’s events broke attendance records, use statistics and “first-ever” records under Scott’s producership. He ran operations for “THE WORLD’S LARGEST INDOOR GARAGE SALE”, at Fort Mason, which broke attendance records and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for charity in 48 hours. He ran support operations for the multi-million dollar Coca Cola “GREAT GET-TOGETHER” corporate super party, which also set records. Scott created the shuttle parking system between Fort Mason and the Presidio.
– PRODUCER: MAJOR CORPORATE VISUAL MARKETING PROGRAMS FOR MASS OUT-REACH
– OPERATIONS LEAD: VISUAL MARKETING PROJECTS
– PRODUCER: MAJOR CONCERTS AND OUTDOOR FESTIVALS
– Scott Douglas Redmond was Creative Director and Operations Lead on numerous large public promotions which delivered huge media coverage for his clients. He created and produced the world’s largest balloon sculpture on top of the Hyatt Regency as a promotion for the San Francisco Symphony, called: “American Cloud”. He wrapped a number of skyscrapers with massive ribbons and bows, or fabric sculptures, for building openings. He created an indoor snow storm inside the Crocker Galleria with R2D2 as the Master of Ceremonies. He created the first through-the-roof opening effects for San Francisco Center and the historic Paramount Theater. He designed the dragon sculpture unit that wrapped around the central pillar in Union Square. The City Hall tribute to Charlotte Maillard was co-produced by Scott. Scott Produced the racing shoes and costume for Margie the elephant (who played the “Bantha” in Star Wars) to run in the Bay To Breakers race; The Congressmen Burton Memorial Statue event; The Battlestar Galactica premiere, The Showplace Square Galleria Musical with the stars of Beach Blanket Babylon event; The San Jose Earthquakes openers; AT&T events; The U.S. Post Office Golden Gate Bridge Anniversary Event and more. Scott Douglas Redmond was one of the promotional graphics coordinators for Olympic-type events, including the World Cycling events, and major media launches including the creation of novel new media technologies. He invented “Tentographics” tent art for the Genentech Gala and created and produced many large-scale graphics systems for massed audience visibility. Scott Douglas Redmond Provided The Special Effects For Grace Slick’s Album Cover. Scott Douglas Redmond Produced One of Ray Charles Last Outdoor Concerts. It was presented for 200,000+ live audience members in the San Francisco Polo Fields. Scott also Produced the Concerts-In-The-Park series in Golden Gate Park, Sutro Park, Union Square and public spaces around the Bay Area. Scott was mentored by Chet Helms, Don Wehr, David Rubinson, Henry Dakin and other local impresarios. From Country Joe to Tower Of Power to The Flying Karamazov’s…His events covered every musical interest. Scott was Chet Helms Exhibit Manager for the Monterey Tribal Stomp. He was production Designer for the Symphony At The Port event.
– FOUNDER: “CLICKMOVIE.COM” – THE FIRST GLOBAL WEB VIDEO-ON-DEMAND BROADCASTING SERVICE
– FOUNDER: “THE TRAILER PARK” – THE FIRST ONLINE MOVIE TRAILER WEBSITE
– FOUNDER: “PERSONAL PRODUCER” – THE FIRST ONLINE PUBLIC UPLOAD MOVIE WEBSITE BEFORE YOUTUBE EXISTED
– Before YouTube, Hulu, Vudu, Netflix Streaming, Sony VUE, Napster, Bittorrent or Kontiki existed, Scott had already delivered Clickmovie.com. Clickmovie did everything that those later competitors did before any of them even existed. Scott Douglas Redmond received multiple US patents confirming him as first-to-invent and deliver web video-on-demand. Scott Douglas Redmond designed, built and patented some of the first video-on-demand hardware devices. He was the first person to present internet video-on-demand to a full Sony Pictures international Board Meeting and his work-group is featured in Sony Pictures patent filings. Scott’s patent filings and NDA’s show that he designed, engineered, patent filed and produced the touch-screen, MP3 cell phone before Steve Jobs and Apple did and before any internal communications at Apple discuss the “iPhone”. The patent office has credited Scott as the first to invent chunks/torrents/bits as a web media broadcast method. Scott Douglas Redmond designed, built and patented some of the first video-on-demand hardware devices. Scott Douglas Redmond designed, built and patented some of the first video-on-demand hardware devices.
– AWARDEE: THE NATIONAL “BIG KAHUNA AWARD” FOR 3D VIDEO AS PRODUCER/DIRECTOR
– PRODUCER – DIRECTOR: “STAR RANGER” – AWARD-WINNING WORLD’S FIRST 3D ANIMATED RIDE FILM MADE ON PC’S
– PRODUCER – MULTIPLE FILM SHORTS AND CELL ANIMATION FILMS
– Scott Douglas Redmond was the Producer, Director, Author of “STAR RANGER”. This award-winning film was the first 3D VR theme park ride film produced entirely on PC computers instead of Linux workstations.
– LOGISTICS DIRECTOR: ANNUAL SF BLUES FESTIVAL CO-SPONSORED BY THE NATIONAL PARK SERVICE
– Scott Douglas Redmond was the Logistics Director for over a decade with the SF Blues Festival. It was one of the National Park Service’s longest running public heritage events and featured the world’s most renown performers. For this project, Scott created the first shuttle parking system between Crissy Field and Fort Mason.
– COORDINATION PRODUCER: THE GREAT GAMING HOUSE
– Scott Douglas Redmond Production Coordinated THE GREAT GAMING HOUSE project created by Kelly Yeaton, The founder of Arena Theater in America. This project deployed the simultaneous operation of nearly 100 concurrent mini-theaters, inside a massive space, which walked you through the Game Of Life. Multiple theater companies worked together to realize this complex theatrical event.
– PROGRAM DIRECTOR: FOR NATIONAL AND GLOBAL MULTI-MILLION PARTICIPANT PROGRAMS
– ENGINEER: VARIOUS CORPORATE AND GOVERNMENT PROJECTS
– AWARDEE: WHITE HOUSE, STATE ASSEMBLY & MAYORAL COMMENDATIONS
– Scott Douglas Redmond provided operations and technical support to a large number of major community programs which acquired dramatic upside for his clients. Scott Douglas Redmond Delivers Innovation for Corporations, Investors, Government Agencies, Community Service Groups, Congress and The Public. Scott Douglas Redmond led product design, engineering and product development on major market launches for top product designs in automotive, defense, energy, aerospace, media, telecom and more.Scott Douglas Redmond has donated a portion of his resources to charity and community service each year as Producer and Logistics Coordinator for many major community service projects.Scott Douglas Redmond has written numerous articles, books and white papers. A large percentage of his writing is ghost-writing.
– PRODUCER: THE FIRST VR GLASSES-FORMAT HEAD MOUNTED DISPLAY SOLD IN COMMERCE
– PRODUCER AND PATENT AWARDEE: THE WORLD’S FIRST PATENTED, WORKING, HOLODECK/CAVE VR CHAMBER
– PRODUCER: THE FIRST 360 DEGREE PC-BASED FLIGHT SIMULATOR & NATIONAL SPORTS STADIUM TOUR SHOWCASE
– DEVELOPER: THE FIRST VRML VR SOFTWARE 3D WEB BROWSER
– PRODUCER: FIRST FRESNEL VR LENS SOLD IN RETAIL MARKET
– VR and Experience Simulator Inventions By Scott D Redmond. Scott is the Developer, Patent Winner, Producer and Innovator for key VR, tactical and flight simulator industry “firsts” including the “Holodeck” (Also known as “The Cave”) VR Chamber”, VR Glasses wearables decades before Google Glass was even conceived of, CyberChair (used in the national Merrill Lynch TV commercial), the “First VRML” software and web browser under Windows, and Tactile VR Surfaces. Scott received significant media coverage about his many inventions in this field. He was featured on E! Entertainment Network for advising the Oliver Stone TV Series: “Wild Palms” and for building and receiving the first U.S. Federal patents on the first working VR Cave and VR Holodeck walk-in synthetic reality chambers as seen on major TV shows. His “Cyber-Pod” was the world’s first 360 degree rotation, all-axis, spinning human gyro device for total VR immersion working in a public venue. It was also the first to be entirely PC powered and rendered. His devices are used globally in military, medical, CAD, entertainment and design fields. Scott also produced the first VR Bunji Jump experience where his team helicopter high-resolution photographed the Grand Canyon for a virtual Bunji Jump from the rim to the Colorado River below. His VR rides were experienced nationwide in major sports stadiums and other venues. Scott was a business partner with Silicon Graphics.
– PRODUCER – CREATOR: THE NOWHOUSE NATIONAL HOME-BUILDING TECHNOLOGY DEMO HOME PROGRAM
– PRODUCER – DEVELOPER: MULTIPLE MODERN HOME SHOWCASE BUILDS
– SHOW SUBJECT: DISCOVERY CHANNEL REALITY TV SERIES ON HOME BUILDING
– Scott Douglas Redmond was Creative Director and Founder of THE NOWHOUSE at The San Francisco Giants Stadium. Scott has led numerous novel construction projects, Presented LIVE and nationally via CNET and the NAHB, millions of people learned about the latest construction technologies with this Smart Home program which was donated to the City of San Francisco and moved by barge to become a permanent community center. Scott’s project was the inspiration for the Better Homes & Gardens TV series, which also featured Scott. Scott has produced numerous construction showcase homes and building efforts. He donated technologies from this effort to the Tsunami Recovery effort for Japan. THE NOWHOUSE was a multi-thousand square foot, 2-story, modern, high-tech demo home valued at $3 million+ (San Francisco Market Rate) donated to Gavin Newsom and The City Of San Francisco by Scott and his Team. Scott has produced multiple high-tech demonstration home projects for public and industry showcases. Scott has created multiple patented technologies for safe, non-toxic, efficiant construction.
DESIGNER – ARCHITECT – ENGINEER: AEROSPACE DEPLOYMENT SYSTEMS
CREATOR – DEVELOPER: “EARTHSTAR”, THE WORLD’S FIRST PROMOTIONAL SATELLITE
– Scott has developed and worked on numerous aerospace deployment and launch systems including: EARTHSTAR. EARTHSTAR was the first orbital visual communications and promotional satellite designed to be Earth-visible to the ordinary person and then burn up in an atmospheric fireworks show. A massive mylar inflatable was designed using old military rockets for boost. The launch company launched America’s first private commercial rocket. Scott has launched numerous balloons to near-space and designed a MARS landing system for the first MARS Lander. NASA first rejected his airbag landing system for being ‘too exotic’ but, later, NASA discovered that the airbag landing system was the only one that worked. The airbags were, indeed, the system that finally delivered the first lander to MARS. Scott also won federal patents over NASA’s earlier patents, for electronic ion propulsion technology.
…AND HUNDREDS OF OTHER MAJOR NATIONAL PROGRAMS AND PROJECT MILESTONES…
All Rights Reserved. Patents Issued And Enforced. Protections: Public Domain. Non-Commercial. Fair Use. Freedom of The Press. No Tracking Of Public Allowed. First Amendment Protections, SLAPP, UN Protected. GDPR Compliant. Section 203 protected. Privacy Tools At: http://privacytools.io, ACLU, ICIJ- supported.